May 1, 2012

A gift of Grace By Amy Clipston


 
 
This book is the first book in the Kauffman Amish bakery series. This book I do have to say was pretty amazing and hit close to home for me. I can relate to the main character Rebecca. The story starts off this Rebecca getting custody of her two teenage daughters after there parents die. In the many books that I have read and the stories I have heard about the Amish they forgive no matter what, they believe its God's will. In this book that is the same however it also deals with the loss of not being able to become pregnant and how she struggles with it, and how she feels her husband is upset over this. I personally have been dealing with my struggles on pregnancy so when I read this I felt like God was using this book to bring me comfort in his way and its his will not ours.
  
   This book also talked about forgiveness and really listening to God and what he has to say. Now Amy had the mother in law in this book keep saying, "Are you listening to God?" and I have not really thought about that are we really listening to God or are we listening to our hearts, and thinking its Gods voice we are hearing. In the book Rebecca is left to figure that out and as she struggles with that there are trials that come up that she has to deal with and work through all while trying to stay still and listen to Gods sweet voice.

I would recommend this book to just about anyone and if you are dealing with loss or struggling to sit still to listen to Gods voice then I believe you will find comfort in this book. I also like how the author has included many recipes in this book.

No comments:

Post a Comment