Jun 13, 2017

Run With the Wind Judy DuCharme - A Cowboy Christmas


Description:
Linney Merritt loves her life in the Florida scrub where she assists her Pa in raising and taking cattle to market. The new cowman, Cyrus John, appreciates the chance to start over. Marrying holds no interest for either, but they can’t help but be drawn to each other. And then, just before Christmas, they find themselves fighting together to save the life of a calf, all while discovering the One who can remove fears and provide forgiveness.
My thoughts on the book:

Linney lives at home and helps her dad with the farm. With her mom gone and a new hand on the ranch Linney starts to wonder if the chooses she has set in her head are the right was when her heart questions everything. Cy is heading towards home when his cousin gives him a heads up about a job. When Cy keeps a secret close to his heart it seems he is forced to come face to face with his fears. Will they both be able to over come their fears?
I have never read anything by this author so I wasn't sure what to expect. This book was short but packed an amazing story. Its placed during probably 1800 or early 1900s but there wasn't that historical feel to it, which was nice. I loved all the active characters in this book. I loved the names and the back and forth and I loved how Linney was an independent women but also was not afraid to seek help when needed. I loved her love for animals and how the characters enjoyed talking to them which allowed the personalities to shine out and make for a fun element in the story. I loved how this was a super clean read and I think the only downside or upside depends how you look at it was in the end I wanted more from these characters I wanted to know more and see more played out, but it ended perfectly. 

Where you can buy the book:
www.amazon.com

Where you can connect with the author:
Judithducharme.com


While at amazon check out Judy DuCharme's  other books, You will not be disappointed. Thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment