Oct 5, 2019

Mr. Maybe M. Kate Quinn- The Sycamore River Series Book 2



Description:

Bridal shop alterations expert Kit Baxter lives a nightmare when forced to tailor her grandmother's wedding gown for the traitorous cousin who's marrying her ex-boyfriend. Add in a favor owed to her next-door neighbor and she's in over her head.

When he asks her to provide temporary housing for Shane Dugan, a hunky new fire department recruit in need of temporary housing, she declines. She changes her mind when Shane agrees to play the part of her boyfriend at the looming wedding festivities.

What starts out as two strangers with a bargain evolves into something more, and for the first time since her world turned upside down, Kit starts to think...maybe.​


My thoughts on the book:

I will say I did not read the first book in this series so I am not sure what I missed, however that being said this is a new book new author for me. I found the storyline cute, not very original in fact I found the story completely predictable. I did like Hop and Kit's mom they were so funny and cute. Kit seem to never let her guard down evening certain situations in the book where is seemed the author wanted you to think it was down. I also felt like sometime the author repeated herself regarding Kit's "situation". I did like Shane but he too seemed on the fence almost the whole story. The book does have some sex in it and some language. Over all this book did feel like quick read to me. I received an advance copy from the publisher via NetGalley. I was under no obligation to post a review and have given my honest opinion

Where you can buy the book:
www.amazon.com
www.barnesandnoble.com

Where you can connect with the author:
www.mkatequinn.com



While at your favorite bookstore/website check out M. Kate Quinn's other books. Thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment