Mar 7, 2022

The Sugarcreek Surprise Wanda E. Brunstetter

 Description:
Welcome to Sugarcreek, Ohio, where the Amish schoolteacher has a determined admirer. Tragically losing her parents as a child, Lisa Miller has grown up being afraid of loving and losing. She dedicates herself to teaching at an Amish schoolhouse and helping the grandparents who raised her, all the while avoiding the advances of newcomer Paul Herchberger. Paul enjoys antiques and meets Orley Troyer while looking for unique old milk bottles at yard sales. Orley and his wife offer prayers and advice as Paul tries to reach Lisa’s closed heart. But when secrets are revealed, will Lisa use them as an excuse to close herself off again?

My Review:
I really liked this book a lot. I feel like when people think Amish they think they have a simple life and they don't necessarily face the same things as the rest of us. In this book thats far from the truth. I really Liked Lisa and even though her faith was strong she struggled with fear of loosing those close to her she was strong and kept fighting. Paul he was a good guy with a big heart that needed healing, he too had a few things he needed to work out but with his faith in God and his willingness to ask for help he was willing to face things head on which is not always easy. I feel like my emotions were all over the place with this book you would be laughing in on page and then tears in another. I Liked that I was able to catch up with the Towers again in the book they are the sweetest couple and I was so glad to read more about them. Overall this is a clean read and I would recommend it to anyone. 

Where to Buy the book:

Where you can connect with the author:

wandabrunstetter.com


While at your favorite bookstore/website check out Wanda E Brunstetter's other books, You will not be disappointed. Thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment