Jun 23, 2014

A Woman of Fortune Kellie Coates Gilbert




What is the book about:
Texas socialite Claire Massey is living the dream. Her world is filled with designer clothes, luxury cars, and stunning homes. But her Neiman-Marcus lifestyle comes crashing down when her charming cattle broker husband is arrested for fraud. Suddenly, she finds herself facing attorneys, a media frenzy, and a trail of broken hearts. Betrayed and humiliated, Claire must start over against incredible odds to save her family--and discover a life worth living.
 
 
 
My thoughts on the book:
I would have to say on a a-f rating I would rate this a B. I did not dislike the book but I have to say it wasn't one of my favorites either. I felt the book draws you in and then it goes down and up and down till you get till about the middle of the book and then its stays really steady. I do like how the book talks about unconditional love in the hard times. There is a lot of how not all rich people but so rich people act high then thou attitudes and to me it seems a little extreme at times. Since this book is based on a rich family who goes through something and then as a family they are tested greatly, and everything they know has been thrown upside down. At some points I was wondering if I was reading a christian book faith is not a big thing in the book but it is underlined.
I have to say my favorite characters in the whole book were Max and Jana Rae and it was because they seemed like the most down to earth and realistic people. They truly show what God's Love is and I think that was what the author may have been going for. The biggest factor in this book is forgiveness, and how we need to forgive and don't let the past dictate the future. I read this book in 2 days only cause I had to work other wise it is a fairly quick read. On the 2nd morning I woke up and the first verse that came to mind is John 15:13 I looked it up and this is what it reads: Greater love has no one than this: to lay down one’s life for one’s friends.
When I started reading this again the 2nd day this verse came to mind again and I really feel that that sums this book up perfectly. Over all I would say read the book give it a shot you may feel different about it then I do. But in the end I would have to say this is probably not a book I would keep on my shelf.

I was given a free copy of this book by netgalley for my honest option.
 
 
Where you can find the book:
 
 
Where you can catch up with the author:
you can also find links to her on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest on her website
 
 
Enjoy your reading!!!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment