Aug 13, 2018

His Best Friend's Sister Eve Gaddy- Devil's Rock at Whiskey River Book 2


Description:
Whiskey River businessman Zack Banister has had his eye on Laurel Lewis for years, even though she's always been off-limits. The timing has never been right between them, but now that they're both free, Zack is determined to convince Laurel that he's the perfect man for her.

The last thing Laurel needs is a white knight. She's a single mom and knows she can only rely on herself. But the thought of a fling with Zack is a different matter--and far too tempting to resist.

Then reality crashes in and Laurel faces hard decisions. And Zack will do anything to convince her to take a risk on him for their happy ever after.
My thoughts on the book:

Zack is in love with Laurel he just needs to convince her that he's in love with her and his intentions are true. Laurel is broken and keeping a secret from her family and she knows it could destroy her and one of those things is she can't let herself ever fall in love again. 

I loved Zack, Harlen and Travis, Harlen and Travis are like any typical big brother and will stop at nothing to protect those they love. Zack was a good guy with a big heart and the love for Laurel just jumped off the pages. I did however find while Laurel was broken she just wasn't willing to admit the most obvious throughout the book. I loved all the fun characters, Tobi, Savannah and Edith as well as the kids. This book did have strong language and adult situations. I would give this book a 3.5 stars because in the end I was left with a ton of questions, and I felt that the end was rushed. I wish there was more played out since what took place towards then seemed big yet seemed to brush over quickly.  I loved the story overall it was a sweet love story and a fun read. 
I received an advance copy from the publisher via NetGalley. I was under no obligation to post a review and have given my honest opinion.



Where you can buy the book:
www.amazon.com
www.barnesandnoble.com


Where you can connect with the author:
www.evegaddy.net


While at your favorite bookstore/website check out Eve Gaddy's other books, You will not be disappointed. Thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment