Oct 11, 2023

A Cowboy Country Christmas Jennie Marts


   
 Description:

There's no better time than Christmas to open your heart 

Holt Callahan used to love the holidays, but getting dumped on Christmas Eve would turn anyone into a Grinch. Now he hates Christmas and all the holly jolly shenanigans that go with it. When he moves back to his cousin's ranch in Creedence, Colorado, the last thing he expects is to come face to face with the one who got away and all of her holiday cheer.

Lainey McBride is all about Christmas. Now she's running her family's ranch festivities while her grandfather is in rehab, and no matter how many things don't go according to plan, she's determined to bring her holiday spirit. But the holidays have their own way of healing, and a Christmas in Creedence just might be the merry magic that brings these two broken hearts back together again.

My Review:
I will start off saying that I did not know this was part of a series so if you read this and not the others it won't be hard to find or follow what's going, however if the other books in the series are like this one you will want to read them because the group of characters are so fun to follow. Now on to my review. I did feel like the "situation" with Holt and Lainey went on a little to long and I wished it had played out a different way. I really liked Lainey she did have a big heart and truly was just this breath of fresh air wherever she went. She made sure to always include and care for anyone she crossed paths with. Holt was this grumpy gus but honestly I was laughing and rolling my eyes at his antics because it felt like it was more for show then that's who he wanted to be betrayed at. In the beginning the chemistry between these two was explosive and the author did not disappoint keeping it going. I loved all the sub characters in the book they added such a fun factor into the story, but my favorite where the animals I laughed so hard at the antics of them for sure. I think hands down the two characters that stole the "show" were Winnie and Esme I could not stop laughing when they made appearances and you truly never know what was going to be said or done next. Overall this was really cute story and I would say worth the read. I will say that there is sex in this story so it may not be suitable for all readers. 
 
Where to Buy the book:

Where you can connect with the author:

While at your favorite bookstore/website check out Jennie's other books, You will not be disappointed. Thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments.   

No comments:

Post a Comment