Nov 20, 2023

The Getaway Emily March




Description:
Widowed young, Genevieve Prentice dedicated her life to raising her four children. Now, though, they’re all grown and scattered to the wind, and Genevieve is ready for a change. In a flash of inspiration, she puts her home on the market and heads to Lake in the Clouds, Colorado, to renovate a rustic waterfront lodge with her sister. But just as they begin, Genevieve gets the shock of a lifetime: the arrival of her son.

Jake Prentice built a career out of being dependable, one that left him perennially stressed and overworked. Finally heeding his mother’s words of wisdom, he’s quit his job and is ready to find out what truly makes him happy. And now, as he stands surrounded by open sky and fresh, pine-scented air, he’s got no regrets . . . until former colleague Tess Crenshaw appears at the lake, forcing him to reassess what—and who—he really wants.

As they work together to renovate the lodge, Genevieve and Jake embark on a heartfelt and inspiring journey to learn about themselves, each other, and the true meaning of family.

My Review:
Oh my gosh yall this book was just what I needed right now. It had the right amount of drama, love, family and who can I beat up right now( fictional of course) also the right amount of laughter. I loved Gen and Helen the sisters were thick as thieves and would make sure that Gen's four adult children did not get away with anything. I loved Helen and her no nonsense take on life you will not get anything past her that she won't call you out on if she sees fit. (we all need this in our lives lets be honest) 
Tessa was a gem she really started with nothing in life and fought to have what she has today. She had her guard up, but in a way that still allowed the right people in even if she knew they might hurt her. Now as far as Willow, Brooke, Jack and Lucas those four had me rolling my eyes. If you have siblings you know there is the boss, the peacemaker, the stubborn one/trouble maker and or maybe the silent one and I feel like this sums up the siblings. I am not sure if there is more to come from this family but I will say I want to know more about what is going on with Willow there is a secret there and was the whole book that makes you wonder just what the author has in store for her. Overall this book does have few curse words and implies sex but overall I felt like the author kept it on the clean side and I wasn't even half way through it before I started recommending it so that should tell its worth the read. 

Where to Buy the book:


 
Where you can connect with the author:

While at your favorite bookstore/website check out Emily's other books, You will not be disappointed. Thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments.   

No comments:

Post a Comment