Dec 14, 2018

Lethal Target Janice Cantore- Line of Duty #2



Description:
Police Chief Tess O’Rourke thought she’d taken care of her small town’s drug problem last year. But now Rogue’s Hollow residents are up in arms over a contentious vote on legalizing the sale of marijuana within city limits. And when an eighteen-year-old is found dead of a possible overdose, Tess wonders if the local pot farms might be involved and begins to fear that a new, deadlier drug supply chain has cropped up. As tempers flare and emotions boil over, Tess faces the possibility of losing the town’s support.

With her relationship to Sergeant Steve Logan on shaky ground, Tess could really use a friend, and she feels drawn to Pastor Oliver Macpherson’s quiet presence. But the anger she holds over her father’s death prevents her from embracing his faith and finding peace.

Battling storms within and without, Tess is shocked when a familiar face from her past shows up in town to stir up more trouble. And his threats against Tess may prove lethal.


My thoughts on the book:

So this is a first book for me by this author and I was not disappointed. This book had me on the edge of my seat wondering what was going to happen next. The use of drugs and how it impacts so many lives not just the users is very much talked about in this book. Towards the end when I thought the story was done I started to wonder what about..... don't worry if you get to the point to the author will surprise you with a huge shocker and its so worth it. I am not sure if its common with this author but if you are looking for a love story between the two main characters this is not the case. This book did not disappoint in the least and will have you guessing to the very end. I have not read the first book in the series but I plan to start that one soon, I can't wait to see what the author has plans for these characters.
 I received an advance copy from the publisher via NetGalley. I was under no obligation to post a review and have given my honest opinion


Where you can buy the book:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble
Christanbook.com

Where you can connect with the author:
www.janicecantore.com
While at your favorite bookstore/website check out Janice Cantore's  other books, You will not be disappointed. Thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment