Dec 2, 2018

The Last True Cowboy Laura Drake (Chestnut Creek Series) #1



Description:
This cowboy's got one last chance to prove himself.


Carly Beauchamp has loved cowboy Austin Davis since first grade. Ask anyone in their dusty, backwater New Mexico town of Unforgiven, and they'll say "Carly and Austin" the way some say "big trucks and country boys." But after years of waiting for a wedding ring, Carly's done with being a rodeo widow . . .


Austin never meant to put his career on the circuit before Carly. She's always been his future, his one and only. But now that she's moved on, he's beginning to see where he went wrong, and he'll do anything to win her back. The only thing is, Carly's suddenly acting differently, and she's definitely hiding a secret-one that will test the depth of their love and open up a whole new world of possibilities.



My thoughts on the book:

I feel this book is about growing up and it takes you through this journey of two immature people. I have to say I was not a fan of this book. The characters are in there late 20's and act like they are just out of high school instead. I found them annoying and whinny. I really enjoyed reading the small part about Nevada she had this story I would have liked to read more about. I think I enjoyed reading more about the other characters than the main characters. I will say that there was a small part in the back in of the book that has you by the heart for sure. There is some language and lots of talks of tough subjects but over all it was a fairly basic read. I received an advance copy from the publisher via NetGalley. I was under no obligation to post a review and have given my honest opinion


Where you can buy the book:
Amazon
Barnes and Noble

Where you can connect with the author:
www.lauradrakebooks.com


While at your favorite bookstore/website check out Laura's other books. Thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment