Jul 30, 2016

Mount Hope Sarah Price



Description:
When her father can no longer provide for his large family, Fanny Price is sent away from her small Amish community in Colorado to live with her aunt’s family in Mount Hope, Ohio. Fanny immediately feels out of place at the Bontrager farm but finds a friend in her aunt’s stepson, Elijah Bontrager.
As time passes, Fanny begins to long for their friendship to blossom into something more, but her hopes are dashed when Elijah starts to court someone else. With her uncle pressuring her to marry a man who can take her off his hands, Fanny must learn to rely on God for her future.

My thoughts on the book:


Fanny is only 10 years old when her and her brother William her their parents talking and whispering, they wonder if they are going to sell the farm and go back to Lancaster County. What she didn't expect was being send off to her moms family in Ohio. When she arrives she tries to find her place. Now 8 years later she still is trying to find her place and also she is trying to find the love of her life, or has she already found him?
I really really enjoyed this book, Sarah has really knocked it out of the park with this book oh who am I kidding she always does. I have to admit I have never read anything Jane Austen and I know this book is mirrored after one story, however I feel this book was very much a twisted cinderella story. I loved the sassiness, but the tender heart of Fanny. I hated, ok maybe thats a strong word but I totally did not like Timothy, Naomi, or Mariam my dislike for them is because Sarah did an amazing job at connecting the reader with the characters. Sarah has a way in her books of making the reader connect in a way that you feel like you are catching up with a friend and not just reading a story and she has done that again in this book. There is nothing I did not like about this book. I loved that its a good christian/clean read. If you have never read any of her book seriously grab this one and have fun. 


Where you can buy the book:
CBD.com
Amazon.com

Where you can connect with the author:
sarahpriceauthor.com

While at amazon check out Sarah Price's  other books, You will not be disappointed. Thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment