Jul 19, 2018

More the Meets the Eye Karen Witemeyer- Patchwork Family #1


Description:
Many consider Evangeline Hamilton cursed. Orphaned at a young age and possessing a pair of mismatched eyes--one bright blue, the other dark brown--Eva has fought to find her way in a world that constantly rejects her. Yet the support of even one person can help overcome the world's judgments, and Eva has two--Seth and Zach, two former orphans she now counts as brothers.

Seeking justice against the man who stole his birthright and destroyed his family, Logan Fowler arrives in 1880s Pecan Gap, Texas, to confront Zach Hamilton, the hardened criminal responsible for his father's death. Only instead of finding a solitary ruthless gambler, he discovers a man not much older than himself with an unusual family. When Zach's sister, Evangeline, insists on dousing Logan with sunshine every time their paths cross, Logan finds his quest completely derailed. Who is truly responsible for his lost legacy, and will restoring the past satisfy if it means forfeiting a future with Evangeline?


My thoughts on the book:

Logan is angry he’s out to get justice and if it’s done through vengeance then who cares no ones going to get more hurt then his mom already said right? Everyone thinks Evie is cursed but her hearts anything but.  Can they ever see eye, eye?
I am really torn by this book, I wanted to like it but I will be honest I wasn't a fan of the whole book, I liked bits and pieces. The book starts off amazing on the edge of your seat and then it crashes and takes almost the whole book to build back up again at the end. I liked Evie and her big heart I like how with what happened to her when she was younger she was not jaded by it but super strong and sweet. I liked Zach, Logan, and Seth they have this fight in them as well. This book is a good clean read, this book is a historical fiction but the author had the characters talk very modern. I received an advance copy from the publisher. I was under no obligation to post a review and have given my honest opinion.



Where you can connect with the author:
www.karenwitemeyer.com
While at your favorite bookstore/website check out Karen Witemyer's other books. Thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment