Nov 10, 2018

The Amish Midwife's Secret Rachel J. Good- Love and Promises #2



Description:

An Amish midwife and an Englisch doctor must embrace their differences to rescue a baby in need in this uplifting romance that will “capture your heart and leave you smiling” (Amy Lillard).

Kyle Miller never planned on becoming a country doctor. But when he’s offered a medical practice in his sleepy hometown, Kyle knows he must return... and face the painful past he left behind. Except the Amish community isn’t quite ready for Kyle. Especially the pretty midwife who refuses to compromise her traditions with his modern medicine...

The more Leah Stoltzfus works with the handsome Englisch doctor, the more she finds herself caught between the expectations of her family and her own hopes for the future. It will take one surprising revelation and one helpless baby in need of love to show Leah and Kyle that their bond may be greater than their differences... if Leah can find the courage to follow her heart.

My thoughts on the book:

I love amish books, so when I got this book I was super excited. This book did not disappoint. I love how the amish live, simple lives but also how they really depend on God first and foremost. That is how the author wrote this book. That being said the author wrote an amazing story where everything was not "perfect", Kyle faced thing in his path that seem to be haunting him and Leah had her own set of secrets that you really don't see coming even though the author did hit at it a lot in through out the book. I really liked Esther and sometimes she came off judgey but honestly I am glad because it really made her and the other characters more real and less "perfect". I loved how this is a good clean read and suitable for all readers. I really enjoyed this book over all and can't wait to read more from this author as this was my first book from her. 
I received an advance copy from the publisher via NetGalley. I was under no obligation to post a review and have given my honest opinion


Where you can buy the book:
Barnes & Noble
Amazon
www.christianbook.com

Where you can connect with the author:
racheljgood.strikingly.com
While at your favorite bookstore/website check out Rachel J. Good's other books, You will not be disappointed. Thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave your thoughts in the comments. 

No comments:

Post a Comment