Jan 8, 2015

Hollywood Holidays D.D. Scott




What's the book about:
Socialite Harper Cantwell wants more out of life than being Briar Creek, Tennessee’s philanthropic queen. Her husband Grant is a financial stud, but he’s also an emotional dud. Tired of being nothing more than his glorified event planner, she leaves him. Hoping to find herself in the creative excitement and sizzle of the holidays in Hollywood, she meets Jake Benton. One of Tinsel Town’s ultimate players, Jake doesn’t waste any time letting her know he’s interested—very interested. In spite of Jake’s hot advances, it’s Grant she can’t forget. But sacrificing herself for any man is no longer part of her party plan. 

Ultra-conservative businessman Grant Cantwell III doesn’t completely understand why Harper left. He misses her terribly but is clueless how to get her back. He gets a real wake-up call when Harper’s best, gay friends tell him he’s an idiot for losing her. Under the tutelage of their company Chick Tricks Inc., Grant is soon on their fast track program, “How to Please a Woman.” But Grant needs more than just a few tricks. He must learn to open his heart instead of his wallet, before Madison gives up on him forever and runs into the open arms of Hollywood’s premier gigolo. 

My thoughts on the book:
I have read some of D.D. Scotts books in the past so when I saw the chance to read this one I knew I had to jump at it. I can say this is not some much like her other books. I noticed in the books I had read in the past the books start off strong and stay that way all the way through. With this one it took me a little bit to get into it, but I could see right away it was a different book from the others I read. Now that being said I had a hard time putting this book down I so wanted to keep reading it just to see what happened. Ms. Scott does a good job keeping you in the book and this one was very much like that as well. This book was a sweet love story about 2 people who have lost them self but have began searching to find each other as well as there inner selves again. As it takes them 1000's of miles from each other will it be to late to reconnect or will they go to extreme measures to make it happen? That is the question this books starts off with so if you want a fun read and want to know how it ends get this book and find a quiet place to read cause once you start you will not want to stop.
Where you can but the book:

www.barnesandnoble.com
www.amazon.com

Where you can connect with the author:
http://www.ddscottville.com

No comments:

Post a Comment