Jan 27, 2015

Intensive Care Nicki Edwards


What's the book about:
On the surface it looks like busy intensive care nurse Kate Kennedy has it all: a long-term relationship, a great career and a sleek inner city apartment. But appearances are deceiving, and in one fell swoop everything comes crashing down around her. In a moment of spontaneity, Kate leaves her city life and takes a new role as Nurse Unit Manager at Birrangulla Base Hospital, but her dream move proves harder than expected.

Local café owner Joel O'Connor finds himself increasingly drawn to the gorgeous new nurse, but like Kate, he's been scarred by love and isn't looking to jump into anything. Yet their chemistry is hard to deny and after a near fatal incident, Joel and Kate find themselves opening up to one another.


Just when Kate thinks she's found love again, their fragile relationship is thwarted by their pasts. Can they both let go of their guilt and grief to move on to a bright new future?
My thoughts on the book:

This book is based in Australia it really make you want to visit and see the beauty that is described in the book. In the book Kate seems to have everything going for her, she is a nurse and she loves her job she has great family and friends and a boyfriend who she is madly in love with.  When she gets a shock of her life her first thing to do is run. She runs for anything and everything that seems not familiar. She meets Joel and becomes friends with him he is hide a secret and he to in his heart and mind is running from something, but doesn’t seem to realize it until Kate falls into his world.

I will stay this I wish the book had to prospective from it not just one (back and forth between what the guy was thinking to what the girl was thinking). At the beginning I felt like it seem a little all over the place, however that quickly changed. The book keeps you guessing and you really do find yourself drawn in and wanting to know what’s going to happen and what’s happening. I love how the book had a lot of heart and that the storyline over all was really good and well written. This book will not disappoint at some point I thought the book was winding down only to have a curve ball thrown in. If you are looking for a really cute love story with a little bit of action this is the one for you, you won’t regret it. I hope there are more to come this is one author I want to read more from. 
Where you can but the book:
www.amazon.com
Where you can connect with the author:
http://nickiedwards.net/

2 comments:

  1. Sarah, thanks so much for being one of the first to read and review my debut novel, Intensive Care. I'm thrilled you liked the story. I appreciate what you said about the one perspective - I decided to do this for this series of books that will feature three nurses - Kate, Mackenzie and Emma. I've written another book which is not yet published, called The Peppercorn Lease and this has both the male and female perspectives. Now I just have to get the publisher to say 'yes'!
    Thanks again for reviewing and sharing this on your blog! It's lovely to have some American readers.
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your so welcome and I really enjoyed it over all I just wanted to know what Joel was thinking but it really did not take away from the book at all and I really loved how you wrote about stuff that some authors lean away from I can not wait to read more of your books thank you for this chance really!!!

      Delete